Ramadan Special Qeemay Kay Samosay Recipe in English and Urdu by Chef Zakir Dawat Show at Masala TV
Mince 125 gm
Coriander leaves as required
Green chilies 2 – 3
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Crushed red pepper ½ tsp
Coriander powder ½ tsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Flour 1 cup
Ginger 1 medium piece
Garlic 2 – 3 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Oil for fry
• In a bowl mix together 1 cup flour, ½ tsp cumin seeds, salt to taste, 2 tbsp oil and knead to dough with water as required.
• Heat oil in a pan, add in 1 medium piece of chopped ginger and 2 – 3 tbsp chopped garlic. Sauté for a while.
• Add 1 chopped onion, 125 gm beef mince, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp crushed red pepper, ½ tsp coriander powder and ½ tsp cumin powder. Cook till mince is tender.
• Then add 2 – 3 chopped green chilies and chopped coriander leaves as required. Remove from fire and keep aside to cool.
• Now make small balls of the dough, roll each ball into thin long tortilla. Cut each tortilla into two halves.
• Stuff each half with the mince filling, wet the edges with water and seal each samosa.
• Similarly make samosa with remaining dough and filling mixture.
• Lastly deep fry till golden brown and crisp.